We would like to take this opportunity and introduce Mr. François Fadoua TOLNO as the IAEWP National Chancellor of Republic of Guinea, Africa.
Here is his extensive CV in Peace related dimensions.
From October 2015 to December 2016: Principal trainer of the ACORD / WANEP consortium for the capacity building of the members of the social infrastructures of peace of the forest Guinea.
May: 2016: Senior consultant for the training of the members of the platforms of SFCG in Nzérékoré, Lola, Beyla and Conakry on the conflicts analysis, early warning and the rapid response.
Since June 2015:
National Network Coordinator of West African Network for Peacebuilding (WANEP-GUINEA)
Key Responsibilities :
Responsible for the National Secretariat and ensures the implementation of the programs defined in the Strategic Plan and validated by the General Assembly.
As such, he is responsible for:
- Develop operational and budgetary planning;
- Coordinate the implementation of projects / programs;
- Carry out actions in the direction of the dynamics of the Network;
- Implement budget, sign official correspondence and countersign checks;
- Present the activity and financial reports to the Board of Directors for the General Assembly and the regional office;
- Develop, in consultation with the Board, the strategic plan of the network;
- Develop bankable projects for submission to partners.
From 2011 to 2015:
Program for peace building and early warning Manager
Key Responsibilities :
- In charge of controlling and gathering the informations concerning peace and the threats for human security and recording the data in the national early warning system (NEWS) and the sub-regional system (ECOWARN).
- Insure the presentation and controlling the quality of the information / through the reports presented by the community monitors in early warning.
- Being the link between the national early warning system and the sub-regional ECOWARN and verifying if all the warnings and data are recorded in the ECOWARN.
- Furnishing early warning informations of analysis to the sub-regional office.
- Analyzing human security situation and making weekly, monthly, half yearly and annual early warning reports, and also early warning’s bulletins and others when there is necessity.
- Favouring collaboration’s relations with / between civil society and state institutions, and national early warning structures, the preventive’s conflicts, peace building, catastrophes’ management and organizations urgencies management.
- Elaborating the training modules on early warning and strategical responses.
- Heading the training and the early warning national actors recycling, including the community monitors.
- Doing other activities or initiatives of the network asking by the national Manager or other personals of the secretariat national office.
From april 2009 to october 2011:
NGO Together for the Peace’s President (EPP)
- Coordinating all the activities planned and approved by the AG
- Call and chair the AG’s meetings.
- Coordinating the receipts and expenses and controlling to their good and transparent management
- Making sure that status and internal rules are respected
- Representing the NGO to the public and privates’ meetings.
- Signing NGO’s official documents
From 1st march to 31 may 2009:
ADC (agent of community development) in the CRD of Maferenya/prefecture of Forécariah for PACV’s community support program.
Key Responsibilities :
- Community’s activities
- Representatives’ training on the decentralization subjects
- Organisation community’s forums
- Making the plan of local development (PDL).
From 15 april 2007 to 10 january 2008:
Animator at ADIB Guinea (Association for basical development initiatives) project target « youths initiative for the peace development» in the CRD of Ouèndé Kènèma/prefecture of Guéckedou financed by GTZ/SARPC.
- Community activities
- Controlling and managing trade associations
- Trade youth association members’ training in fund management, public education, governance and AIDS
From 1st october 2006 to 15 january 2007:
Practical training on youth domain at GTZ, project de « Food Security, Reconstruction and Preventive Conflicts » in the prefecture of Guéckedou.
Key Responsibilities :
- Carrying out a sociological study on youth problems in the prefecture of Guéckedou (making discussion guides, focus group activities and summary report).
- Supporting GTZ/SARPC’s youth activities section
From 04 december 2004 to 18 march 2005 :
- Trainee at TIRA Development cabinet (Agence Interdisciplinary Training Agency and Research in Development).
- Participation to the conception and the following sessions’ execution:
- Workshop training of basical development projects
- Workshop production of five-year plan orientation and action of Banko’s development Association
- Workshop production of strategical orientation and action plan of Children and Women protection rights Association (ADDEF).
- Self-evaluation assisted of AJK support project under FOGUIRED’s financing.
From september 2010 to may 2011:
DESS degree in conflicts and peace management from political and moral School Sciences of West Africa (ESMPAO) of Ivory Cost Research Centre and Action for the peace (CERAP).
From 2003 to 2004: Mastery degree in Sociology, Letters
Faculty and Human Sciences from University General Lansana CONTE of Sonfonia Conakry Guinea.
Subject: diseases and motherly death in the prefecture of Kissidogou.
From 2002 à 2003:
Licence degree in Sociology, Letters faculty and Human Sciences from University Gamal Abdel Nasser de Conakry.
From 2000 to 2002:
D E U G degree (general university study diploma) in History-Sociology, Letters Faculty and Human Sciences from University Gamal Abdel Nasser of Conakry.
b) Secondary School
TRAININGS ANNEXES :
From August 29 to September 2, 2016:
Attendance at WAPI (WEST AFRICA PEACEBUILDING ISTITUTE) to take the course: Peacebuilding Program: Design, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation at the Koffi Annan Peacekeeping Institute Accra in Ghana.
September 15-16, 2016:
Participation in the World Forum of Citizen Observers in Brussels, Belgium, at the invitation of the European Commission.
From 16 to 17 August 2016:
Attendance at the CSO Workshop on Conflict Prevention in Member States organized ECOWAS in Dakar, Senegal.
From 11 to 13 May 2016:
Participation in the basic meeting on conflict prevention in West Africa organized for CSOs working for Peace in Cotonou, Benin under the initiative of GPPAC, WANEP and WORLD FEDERALIST MOVEMENT.
January 20-23, 2016:
Participation in the WANEP review and analysis process in Accra, Ghana.
June 21-24, 2015:
Participation in the mission to share best practices in observation and monitoring of elections with Senegalese CSOs in Dakar.
May 20-21, 2015:
Participation in the regional workshop on the prevention of violent extremism in West Africa organized by the GLOBAL CENTER and the WANEP regional office in Accra, Ghana.
May 18-19, 2015:
Training on Recycling of Early Warning and Rapid Response Officers in Accra, Ghana, organized by the WANEP Regional Office.
From 27 to 30 April 2015:
Professional trainings on mass ‘atrocities prevention (PAM) for the civil society’s actors in West Africa at Grand Bassam in Ivory Cost organized by the West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) and the Nexus Fund.
From 2 to 4 March 201:
Monitors’ training on the field of the sub-regional early warning system ECOWARN in Dakar and Senegal organized by CEDEAO.
From 22 to 25 april 2013:
Technical training on elections’ control and observation at INRAP University Gamal Abdel Nasser of Conakry organized by CRS and WANEP Guinea.
From 26 february to 1st march 2013:
Participation to the coordination meeting debating on the key-points ECOWARN in Abuja-Nigeria organized by CEDEAO’s early warning Office.
From O6 to 09 november 2012:
Participation at the workshop training: Implication of OSCs in the process of reconciliation: Stakes, challenge and Perspectives, organized by High Commissioner of Human Right at the Riviera Royal Hotel in Conakry.
From 17 to 19 September 2012:
Participation to the coordination meeting on the key-points ECOWARN in Lagos-Nigeria organized by CEDEAO’s early warning Office
From 28 february to 1st march 2012
Participation to the coordination meeting on the key-points ECOWARN in Cotonou-Benin organized by CEDEAO’s early warning Office
From 14 to 16 december 2011
Participation to the introductory workshop on traditional justice and civil society in Guinea organized by OSIWA guinea at NOVOTEL of Conakry.
From 16 to 19 august 2011:
Training on institutional building capacities for crises management organized by regional-Wanep in ACCRA/GHANA.
From 1st to 4 august 2011 :
Guinea NGO’s responsibles training on NGOs’ management organized by WACSI at Mariador Palace Hotel.
From 8 to 10 august 2011:
Training on projects assessment for the civil society actors organized by WACSI at the Hotel of Mariador Palace.
From 21 to 25 jun 2010:
Training on the political tolerance and citizen ‘action at CEDUST in Conakry organized by CERAP/IDDH of Ivory Cost.
From 22 to 26 august 2009:
Workshop training on tolerance inter-religion and inter-ethnic at CEDUST in Conakry organized by CERAP/IDDH of Ivory Cost.
From 07 to 10 january 2008:
Training on technical animation, the organization of a meeting, andragogy and communication organized by GTZ/SARPC in the prefectorial library of Guéckedou.
From 31 october to 13 november 2007:
Workshop on participative diagnostic DP organized by GTZ/SARPC (theories, stay in the villages, making DP reports and PAT formulation (plan of moving region).
From 24 to 25 july 2007 :
Awakening training of elected representatives and responsibilities of devolved structures, partners on the functioning and local decentralized authorities financing in the prefecture of Guéckedou organized by SPD ( prefectorial service for development) of Guéckedou.
From 22 to 26 august 2007:
Workshop training of para jurists, administration representatives and devolved structures, on legislative elections organized by GTZ/SARPC.
From 25 september 2007: training in communication on AIDS diseases
1. Fluent in French both oral and written
English (average level)
2. National languages: Kissi – Maninka- Soussou
We would like to thank Dr. Ayo Ayoola Amale, the IAEWP Vice President for West Africa for the identification and appointment of this high caliber professional into IAEWP as we are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the founding of IAEWP in 1967 at Huntsville, Alabama, USA.
Deputy Secretary General
IAEWP ( NGO ECOSOC - United Nations )
IAEWP is the 1987 Recipient of the United Nations Peace Messenger Award by the then UN Secretary General.